The Project Management Memory Jogger (Second Edition) (Memory Jogger Series)
Format: Print Length
Publisher: GOAL/QPC; 2 edition (December 2, 2010)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 8 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
The Project Management Memory Jogger has been published as a second edition and is now available!
This second edition retains the essential features that made the first edition so popular and is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
In addition to all of the steps, proven tips, tools and templates, the new edition features new sections on
- Project Communication Plan
- Cross Cultural Teams
- Project Procurement Plan
- Project Quality Plan
- Organizational Change Management
- Project Contingency
- Projects vs Operations
and expanded segments on working with teams, virtual team tips, scope (customer analysis and SMART Criteria), risk, scheduling (critical path), monitoring & control, (earned value), and many more additions.
Finally, there is a new section on consensus based decision making tools to help project teams from The Memory Jogger 2 Second Edition. In addition, the overall flow and layout have been improved to make this new version even more user-friendly than the first.
We hope that this improved guide will help you get the most out of your meeting time and also help to improve the success rate of projects in your organization!
Here is the break down of the differences:
1. The style, methodology, and case study are essentially mirrored.
2. The second edition is aligned with, updated to and compliant with the current PMBOK®, Fourth Edition.
3. The new sections with “how do I do it” in a project management context are:
· Project Communication Plan
· Cross Cultural Teams
· Project Procurement Plan
· Project Quality Plan
· Organizational Change Management
· Project Contingency
4. There is a greatly expanded section on team dynamics, teamwork, and virtual teams. Easily identifiable tips for virtual teams are also interspersed throughout the book.
5. Many sections are improved, expanded, and updated (with more explanation and breadth), i.e. Project Charter, Risk, Scope, Project Management Process, Scheduling, and Customer Analysis.
6. These new topics are defined and referenced in the Advanced PMMJ and MJ2 second edition:
· Earned Value – Advanced PMMJ
· Critical Path - APMMJ
· Projects vs. Operations - APMMJ
· Collaborative Decision Making Tools – MJ2 second edition
7. Moved the Activity Schedule and Product Life Cycle to the Appendix.
8. Added a Chapter on collaborative decision making tools and analysis for use with project teams for identification of issues, prioritization, and root cause identification (Affinity Diagram, Interrelationship Digraph, Prioritization Matrices.